- 1 Which of the following laws prohibits discrimination in all areas of the employment relationship quizlet?
- 2 What is Title VII of the Civil Rights Act?
- 3 What law protects us from discrimination?
- 4 What are the laws that protect against discrimination in the Philippines?
- 5 Which of the following are within a patient’s rights quizlet?
- 6 What is undue hardship examples?
- 7 What groups are not protected under Title VII?
- 8 Who does Title VII apply to the Civil Rights Act?
- 9 What are the 7 protected classes?
- 10 What is the definition of unfair discrimination?
- 11 What is the difference between fair and unfair discrimination?
- 12 What are the three most important laws that regulate discrimination in employment?
- 13 What is Republic Act 7877 of the Philippines?
- 14 What is legal discrimination?
- 15 What are some examples of discrimination?
Which of the following laws prohibits discrimination in all areas of the employment relationship quizlet?
– Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is the best known of all the federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination; it prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
What is Title VII of the Civil Rights Act?
88-352) (Title VII), as amended, as it appears in volume 42 of the United States Code, beginning at section 2000e. Title VII prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex and national origin.
What law protects us from discrimination?
The Equality Act is a law which protects you from discrimination. It means that discrimination or unfair treatment on the basis of certain personal characteristics, such as age, is now against the law in almost all cases.
What are the laws that protect against discrimination in the Philippines?
The 1987 Philippine Constitution under Article 111, Section 1, 2, 4, 8, 12 states that every person has the right to life, security of person and privacy, right to be free from torture, arbitrary arrest and detention, the right to be free from discrimination and the right to freedom of expression, and tlie right to
Which of the following are within a patient’s rights quizlet?
Which of the following are within a patient’s rights? Patients have the right to participate in decisions about their care, set the course of their treatment, and refuse treatment. Refusal of treatment should always be documented.
What is undue hardship examples?
Undue Hardship to the Company For example, an accommodation request may include a job-sharing situation that requests the hiring of another to share the job. This could be an undue hardship for a sole-proprietor’s small business that produces a small amount of revenue and only has one employee in that position.
What groups are not protected under Title VII?
Under the Civil Rights Act, employers and schools may not discriminate against people because of the following:
- National origin.
Who does Title VII apply to the Civil Rights Act?
Title VII is a provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which prohibits discrimination in virtually every employment circumstance on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, or national origin. In general, Title VII applies to employers with 15 or more employees.
What are the 7 protected classes?
The new law expands the definition of “source of income” under California law. To briefly review, the federal Fair Housing Act (FHA) has seven protected classes, which include: race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, and familial status.
What is the definition of unfair discrimination?
Unfair discrimination is when you are treated differently as compared to other categories of people and that your dignity as a human being is impaired by such treatment.
What is the difference between fair and unfair discrimination?
In other words, certain types of discrimination can in fact be fair, according to the act. For example, where an employee is unnecessarily sidelined because he/she is disabled this could be unfair discrimination. If an employee is sexually harassed this is a form of unfair discrimination based on sex.
What are the three most important laws that regulate discrimination in employment?
Title VII, the ADA, and GINA cover all private employers, state and local governments, and education institutions that employ 15 or more individuals. These laws also cover private and public employment agencies, labor organizations, and joint labor management committees controlling apprenticeship and training.
What is Republic Act 7877 of the Philippines?
AN ACT DECLARING SEXUAL HARASSMENT UNLAWFUL IN THE EMPLOYMENT, EDUCATION OR TRAINING ENVIRONMENT, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES. 4
What is legal discrimination?
The area of practice called discrimination law covers incidents of unequal or unfair treatment based on a person’s age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic makeup, and other personal characteristics.
What are some examples of discrimination?
Types of Discrimination
- Age Discrimination.
- Disability Discrimination.
- Sexual Orientation.
- Status as a Parent.
- Religious Discrimination.
- National Origin.
- Sexual Harassment.